понеделник, 4 юли 2016 г.

Install latest maven 3 under Ubuntu.

Maven is the de facto standard build tool for Java. There is something that extremely annoys me under Ubuntu. That every time you need to install the latest maven 3 manually and never got it in the standard Personal Package Archives ('PPAs'). Of course there are external PPA, but always the question arises how much can be trusted their contributors. Today I again needed to update maven into one vagrant box so I repeat the exercise again. Maybe this bash script will be useful for the people with a similar problem in the future. The script just install the latest - 3.3.9 version of Maven. The idea is to can be modified easily in the future - just to change variables with name and path. I do not pretend that the script is good - I'm not bash programmer.

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар